Cardamom Act, 1965
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Declaration as to expediency of control by the Union.
The Cardamom Act, 1965
ACT NO. 42 OF 1965
[9th December, 1965] An Act to provide for the development under the control of the Union of the cardamom industry. Be it enacted by Parliament in the Sixteenth Year of the Republic of India as follows:–
1. Short title, extent and commencement. (1) This Act may be called the Cardamom Act, 1965.
(2) It extends to the whole of India:
LEGISLATIVE HISTORY 6
Provided that it shall not apply to the State of Jammu and Kashmir except to the extent to which the provisions of this Act relate to the control of export of cardamom from India and import thereof into India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint:
Provided that different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
FACT SHEET 6
2. Declaration as to expediency of control by the Union. It is hereby declared that it is expedient in the public interest that the Union should take under its control the cardamom industry.
3. to 33. [Repealed by the Spice Board Act, 10 of 1986, Section 42 w.e.f. 26.2.1987].