Indian Law Reports Act, 1875
1. Short title.
2. Repeal of Act 2 of 1875.
3. Authority given only to authorized reports.
4. Authority of judicial decisions.
An Act for the improvement of Law Reports.
1. Short title. – This Act may be called the Indian Law Reports Act, 1875.
Local extent. – It extends to the whole of India [except the State of Jammu and Kashmir];
Commencement. – And it shall come into force on such day [as the Central Government notifies in this behalf in the Official Gazette.]
2. [Repeal of Act 2 of 1875.] – Rep.by the Repealing Act, 1876 (12 of 1876).
3. Authority given only to authorized reports. – No Court shall be bound to hear cited, or shall receive or treat as an authority binding on it, the report of any case [decided by any High Court for a Part A or a Part B State], other than a report published under the authority of [any State Government].
4. Authority of judicial decisions. – Nothing herein contained shall be construed to give to any judicial decision any further or other authority than it would have had if this Act had not been passed.