State Armed Police Forces (Extension of Laws) Act, 1952
1. Short title and extent
3. Extension of disciplinary laws of any State to members of the armed police force of that State when serving outside that State
4. Power to add to, or omit from, the Schedule
The State Armed Police Forces (Extension of Laws) Act, 1952
(63 of 1952)
[22nd August, 1952] An Act to provide for the extension of disciplinary laws in force in any State relating to the armed police force of that State to members of the said force when serving outside that State.
Be it enacted by Parliament as follows:—
LEGISLATIVE HISTORY 6
FACT SHEET 6
1. Short title and extent.—(1) This Act may be called The State Armed Police Forces (Extension of Laws) Act, 1952.
(2) It extends to the whole of India [* * *].
2. Definition.—In this Act, “armed police force” means any police force constituted by any of the enactments specified in the Schedule for the time being in force.
3. Extension of disciplinary laws of any State to members of the armed police force of that State when serving outside that State.—Where any detachment of an armed police force of a State is serving in any part of any other State, whether independently or by being attached to the police force of that other State, then, notwithstanding anything contained in section 3 of the Police Act, 1888 (3 of 1888), every member of the said detachment, while discharging the functions of a police officer in that other State, shall continue to be subject to the same laws in respect of discipline and liabilities as would have been applicable to him, if he had been discharging those functions within the State to which the said force belongs.
4. Power to add to, or omit from, the Schedule.—The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, add to, or omit from, the Schedule any enactment and on the publication of such a notification, the Schedule shall be deemed to be amended accordingly.
5. Repeal.—[Repealed by the Repealing and Amending Act, 1957 (36 of 1957), section 2 and Schedule I.] SCHEDULE
(See sections 2 and 4)
1. The Bengal Military Police Act, 1892 (5 of 1892).
2. The Eastern Frontier Rifles (Bengal Battalion) Act, 1920 (Bengal Act 2 of 1920).
3. The Bomby State Reserve Police Force Act, 1951 (Bombay Act 38 of 1951).
4. The Central Provinces and Berar Special Armed Constabulary Act, 1942 (C.P. and Berar Act No. 7 of 1942).
5. The Madhya Bharat Special Armed Force Act, Samvate 2007 (Madhya Bharat No. 75 of 1950).
6. The Orissa Military Police Act, 1946 (Orissa Act No. 7 of 1946).
7. The Rajasthan Armed Constabulary Act, 1950 (Rajasthan Act No. 12 of 1950).
8. The United Provinces Provincial Armed Constabulary Act, 1948 (U.P. Act No. 40 of 1948).